As I was tagged by followersoframbaldi, someone whose opinions I respect, I’m taking a break from all the CA madness to make my happy list. I won’t tag anyone, but please remember to do at least one thing that makes you happy everything.
W/o any particular order:
1. Stories. Coming up with them, reading, watching. I’ve been writing since I can remember and it’s how I got into college. I cannot emphasize enough how much I adore stories. I constantly have at least one narrative going through my head.
2. Taking care of myself. I’m not a narcissist, but it always makes me feel better when I’m doing the most girlish of things. I always use the best products that fit me & after years of doing all of this, it really takes very little time. Like…I put on make up in the morning in less than 2 minutes. Getting my nails done takes about five. And so on.
3. Working out & eating healthy. I’ve been a vegetarian for…quite for some time now. I never (and I really mean never) touch greasy stuff (it’s so amazing that I don’t even crave bad food anymore). I renew my gym membership for a year ahead. The endorphins after a workout are amazing. Seeing my abs is also amazing. Sounds bad? Don’t care, I’ve worked my ass off for it.
4. Reading. I mean…this was my Sunday afternoon. I chose Kindle because I like to think of all the tress. In recent years, I’ve read mostly philosophy, behavioral psychology (have the HUGEST crush on Dan Ariely’s work) and existentialism works (still philosophy), but I’ll always love a good Victorian novel or from 17-18th century France.
5. Traveling. Sometime in the next two years I’m taking a 6 months sabbatical from work and going on a round the world trip.
6. Animals. I adore them all. Just watching them play.
7. Random acts of kindness. It’s always nicer and more rewarding to be nice. Don’t take my word for it, see for yourself.
8. Helping people.
9. Snuggling with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book on a rainy autumn Saturday.
10. Making people laugh. I’m usually a clown.
11. Making people happy. I like to spare feelings and do what it takes to make people around me happy.
12. People being nice to animals.
13. Ice cream. Ice cream makes me very, very happy.
14. So does talking with my girlfriends in a nice bar, over some interesting cocktails (Blue Lagoon, I’ll never forget you!)
15. This book. Seriously. READ IT. It’s the manual for happiness.
I was tagged by the lovely survival-of-tha-fittest to list 15 things that make me happy: